Sunday, May 19, 2013

9 Months

Dear Corbin,

I can't believe I'm writing another one of these monthly posts.  (And not just because I was almost a month late with the last one!!)  With Carter's first year, the days felt like 24 hours.  With you the days feel like 3 and the weeks feel like a day, the months feel like a week and the past nine has felt like, 3 months.  Fastest year of my life.  Just a blink and you'll be in First Grade.

John Corbin, you are just a cuddly ball of sunshine these days.  You love to cuddle, be held and to hug.  (Thank you God) It's awesome.  At the same time you are in to everything!  Ha!  I love that too.  Here is a bit about you these days!  Enjoy.

I'm sorting this post into categories like a friend of mine.  She is always so organized!  Thank you, Mindy!

Fun

You are very playful right now.  Like when I say "Where's Corbin?"  You flop back into my arms and laugh. (that one for months now).  Or I can say "I'm gonna get you!!!"  and you laugh excitedly and try your hardest to crawl as fast as you can!  Or when we do your inhaler and I count your breaths out loud you hum-count with me and dance along...because clearly my voice always sounds like a beautiful song.  And sometimes when I'm holding you, you get a wild look in your eye and throw your head back because you want me to dangle you upside down!

You get so excited and laugh and kick your legs when we start walking to the basement or the front door because you know it's going to be fun!  I look forward to this every morning!

Every time I'm washing the dishes you want to reach in and play in the water.  Recently, doing the dishes has ended in us playing in the sink!

Eating

You are still nursing like a champ and you eat other meals along side Carter.  Sometimes you are all for finger foods and sometimes you aren't.  One of the best pieces of parenting advice came from a friend in Norway and China "Sometimes your kids will eat a lot, sometimes they won't.  Sometimes they sleep a lot, and sometimes they don't. Don't think too much."  SOooooo true.  I'd say you get one awesome real meal a day and the other attempts are snacks!

You demand by grunting for me to share lots of food with you. Strangely enough, you like my green smoothies, so we share that every morning.  You also still really like beets.  I mean, I eat a huge beet salad all week long.  Maybe it's from the breast milk that exposed you to it?? I don't get it.  What baby likes beets? Especially I offer things like Apple, Banana and Cinnamon.

Milestones

You have cut Tooth 3 and a bit of 4.  We are right in the middle of it now.  These are your top teeth.  :( That gummy smile is on it's way out.  I've loved every bit of it.

You have also started to pull up to your knees, up to your feet and scootching onto shelves, stools and scale.

You can also understand simple instructions.  "Put your pacifier in your bed!" "Turn on the light." "High Five!" "Dance dance."  "Jump Jump," (Oldie). "Do you want me to hold you?" I discovered you knew this one as we were driving from Canyon Lake to The Woodlands.  I shouldn't have said that one out loud while you were stuck in a carseat.  Full.on.tears.  So sad.

Personality

You are such a fun and happy boy!  You are so social and love looking at other people and giving them big smiles!  The other day we were at the grocery store and you were trying to use your cute flirty moves on the lady behind us checking out.  Your confidence, innocence and cuteness shone through because your face was full of snot, boogers and eye goop (sickness) and you didn't care!!  Ha!  Loved it!

You enjoy playing with Carter and love every ounce of attention he throws your way!

Funny story:  Today at church we dropped you off to play in the nursery. About 45 minutes later our pager said "Corbin is done."  I went to save you and the nursery lady was holding you.  You had tears in your eyes and were whimpering.  Then you saw me and started to scream HYSTERICALLY, in the highest pitch that anyone has ever heard!!!!  Ha ha!  Poor buddy!!  Man, you crack me up!  Of course, you calmed down as soon as you were in my arms.  FYI:  Exactly opposite of how Carter would handled it.

You love Mama to hold you but will reach for Daddy too!!  We're all happy about that!  Melts my heart!

Sickness

See previous post.

Sleeping

Every time your are sick we are back to being up all night and needing lots of hugs and extra nursing sessions.  I think it's not only comfort nursing but also because it's hard for you to breathe and nurse while sick, so it requires more frequent sessions.  (I'm so thankful we are still nursing.  I wonder how bad it would be if we weren't.)

Once you recover, it takes about two weeks to get rid of the lingering cough which wakes you up at night a few times.

Finally, you've slept 4 x in your life while only waking once!  This was in Texas.  You were not sick.  Amazing.  I'm hopeful we're headed in that direction again!

I love your happy spirit and pray for constant health!




Your weight at the last hospital visit.  8.8 kilos.

And some more photo fun!!  Love you baby boy!










And the official picture...

Love you Corbin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment