Thursday, June 28, 2012

Love Bug

I think I've been a bit Facebook happy lately.  So I'm going to jot this down here...where I'll actually be able to look back.

Carter had another night-waking last night, that was pretty strange.  He woke up out of sorts, no surprise.  Maybe a dream or a night-terror.  Not sure.

But when he calmed down, he wanted to lay on the floor with his blanket and made me do the same.  He snuggled right up next to me.  He kissed my nose and was stroking my face.  Sweetest ever.  Then, he got up and said he was going to sleep in Mommy's Bed.

Thank goodness!  I was pooped!

When we got to my bed (John was out of town) he snuggled up and said
"How ya doing Mommy?"
"I'm doing great, Carter.  Thank you.  I'm just tired.  Let's go to sleep.  How are you doing?"
Pause.
"Nothing." (This makes me laugh.) "I love you mommy."
"I love you too, buddy."
"Mommy so so nice to Carter."
"Well, I love you so much!"
Then gave me kisses on my cheek and big hugs!!  Our cuddle moments are slim and quick over here.  I have to usually steal the kisses and hugs as often as I can.

After a few minutes he asked to go back to his crib.  The end.

There is no better way to have your sleep interrupted.

God, I love that boy and am thankful for him in every way!


3 comments: