Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Swim Lessons-TXPhotoDump

School and swim lessons started in just enough time to be cancelled for "wintery weather."  HA!  I'm dying over here!  Too funny!

What a blast yesterday!  Carter had so much fun at Grammy's School, as he calls it.  My expectations have been set waaaay too high.  It was always my dream growing up that my children would go to her school, so I guess in a way, "my dream has came true." (As Carter would put it.)

Swim Lessons were AWESOME!  I arrived early, anticipating a freak out because the pool isn't a hot tub and is chilly.  So he and I played in there, in that cold water.  I just kept lying saying "this feels awesome!"  and "man this is so much fun!!"  Ha!  The plan worked because freak out happened, he was over it and then class started!  He had a ball!  So many fun games and he was so joyful!  Just as happy as can be trying to be silly for his new friends and kicking those little, white, legs non-stop.

He has in his head that he doesn't know how to swim.  I honestly think the few times he's seen his cousins L&H swim on their own has really impacted him.  He says "I can't swim."  We tell him things like: What do you think you are doing with us on vacation!?  The more we swim the better you'll get on your own!  It takes practice!  We don't live in a swimmy place, we just need to swim more!

But he pretty self-aware in this area.  It's interesting.

So after being AWESOME in this class (with the noodle) they were done with Night 1.  He got out of that pool so proud of himself saying "I think I can swim without the noodle!!!!  I want to try it!! I think I can do it!"  Let me clarify that the class had not gone that far, he was just feeling good.  So to the hot tub we went, because momma was freezing.  He attempted the usual push-off to mom and did great!  But was just like always.  A little sink-age toward the end.  He came up with a quivered lip and tears forming.  "I can't swim."  :(  Poor buddy, it's just the beginning, you'll get there.  I promise.

Without further ado:



He was chasing the blue ball!


He kept going out on his own. Crazy boy!



Supposed to be a pic of how far they were going!  Kick, kick, kick.


Listen closely, the man tells me I can't take pictures.

One more to prove I'm a rebel.

Love you Dad!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment