Monday, July 22, 2013

Corbin 11 Months



9-12 month clothing

Have to put this out there... BEST month yet!!  This boy is a blast!

Sleeping:
2 naps, and waking twice a night!  8pm - 8:30 am

Eating:

You can eat just about anything!  What you actually eat just depends on what you are feeling at that moment.  (More on that in Personality).

Activity:
Boy, you are on the go.  Quickly crawling everywhere and standing very well.  You are climbing on more random things.  I found you standing in Carter's PB chair and "spotted" you climbing it onto the window sill in the basement.  I have a feeling that was the start of things to come!

You like to play ball!  You get so excited when I roll the ball back to you and then you are so proud when you roll it back!

Your obsessed with reading The Big Red Ball and the Little White Kitten.  You make a little noise for any animal you see...so this book really gets you going!

Milestones:
I'm going to go ahead and count this 6 week stretch of health as a milestone!  Amazing.  (Until your fever two nights ago...but it's technically your 12th month now.)

You can wave and love to do it!  So sweet!

You can wipe your own bottom.  (Just wondering if anyone reads these!)

Personality:
You, my little man, are a very strong-willed and opinionated little 11 month old.  (I don't like the word stubborn...it sounds so negative and I really don't mean it that way).  How do you have an opinion about everything already?!  It's just crazy!

Example 1:  I may offer you your favorite food and you make a disgusted face and push it away.  Then five minutes later you crawl up to it going "uh uh" and you are ready to enjoy it.  Totally your terms.

Example 2:  I'll be holding you and Daddy walks in, you lunge toward him "uh uh."  He grabs you.  I reach for you and you push me away.  A few minutes later you squirm out of his hands and crawl up to me.  Really?  Opinionated.

Example 3:  Refusing to sit in your high chair at times but so easily to go at others.  Opinionated.

Example 4:  Getting upset every time I shut the doors to your bedroom.  You know what is coming...and have an opinion about it.  Seriously, how do you know fun stuff is happening outside of those doors?? Carter still believes everyone sleeps when he sleeps.

Example 5:  You will pull out all stops to NOT fall asleep. Throwing your pacifier to the floor.  Putting it in my mouth.  Eyes closing but then quickly decide to throw your head back to give you a burst of energy.  Strong-willed.

Example 6:  You may want something that isn't for babies (i.e.: alcoholic bottle, razors, popcorn) you will throw a fit become very upset and keep trying to find it, despite our efforts to hide it.  Strong-willed!

YOU CRACK US UP!!  Daily we ask "How do you have an opinion about this?!"  Honestly, this is so funny to us because Carter was so different.  I love it!


Y'all were playing all silly.  So I left to grab the camera.  Apparently, I shouldn't have left.  :(

While evacuated we stayed with some neighbors' family.  You two were all chill eating pizza and watching Thomas.  Corbs was pretty enthralled about being allowed in on the Thomas fun.

Zoned out, on the couch, eating pizza.  Like they are 13.

His usual.  Complete with massive soggy diaper. 

My buddy, my buddy.

A Texas boy and his truck.  Or Canadian and his truck?

Rice rice baby.

Mmmmmm......

Sad face.  Aww, I love you man!

Chill.



3 comments:

  1. My kids could wipe their own bottoms at 11 months, too! ;) Seriously, such a cutie! And second kids must all come with the "opinionated" gene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! My second is much more opinionated too! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! He can wipe his own bottom? GB totally has us wrapped! :) Love your buddies! Can't wait to see them (& you & John too)!!! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete