Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bob & Larry (And other Carter-isms)

Bob and Larry are a part of our daily routine.  Don't know Bob and Larry?

How can you not know Bob and Larry???

Kidding.

Bob and Larry, as in the hosts of Veggie Tales, are Carter's favorite characters of all time.  He got 3 new CD's for Christmas and you'd have thought he opened chocolate (if you are me...that is exciting).

We listen to them all.the.time.  If Carter is in the car, Bob and Larry are on.  2 reasons:

1. When Bob and Larry are on he's listening to age appropriate, good, quality music.  With a nice healthy message or story.

2. When Bob and Larry are on he is so focused on them Mommy and Daddy can talk.  It's true!  A real conversation without interruptions!

Which is more important??  Totally depends on the day.  :)

Carter really focuses on the words of the songs.  He has started singing along, which is totally cute, by the way.  And he asks tons of questions about the songs.

Like:

What is "holy", "mighty", "righteous", "blessings", "sin"?  "What's this song about?" Not going to lie...some of these questions are hard for me to give him a decent explanation.

But I love it!

There have also been a few connections made from the songs to real life.

1. When Corbin is sick (always)..."Maybe we can ask God to take Corbin's sick away, like that girl in the Bible."

WOW!

2. "You are mean to me MOM!!!  Is that a sin???"
Me: What a sin?
"If I say "YOU ARE MEAN TO ME!!""
Me: Do you think it makes God sad??
"Yes."
Me: So what do you think?
"I think it is."

3. Me:  Carter hold your fork down please.  It could hurt your eye.
"Like the man on the street who couldn't see??"
Me: Huh??
"In the Bible and Jesus fixed his eyes."

4. While reading his children's Bible, he has noticed some of the stories have a song to go with them!

5. OH and this one just happened before dinner...He tripped on a toy and started to cry.  I asked him what was wrong.  He said "I stumbled in the light (Whaa!) I stumbled in the light.  It's not dark and I fell."  Ha ha!!

Any who, I thought I better write these down.  Man, I love watching these kids grow!!

3 comments: