Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 5 & 6

Week 5 Photos:

Getting bigger!

Brotherly love.

Tough love.

Hanging out with my big brother.

Hanging out in my big brother's room.

He's so cool.


Week 6:


"Wow!  Look at my brother wearing a hard hat!" ~ Carter

Week 6

Getting chunky!

FACE shot!

We've had major improvements in the gas department!  This has really cut down on the fussiness.  The evenings are still a challenge and 2-man-job with getting Carter ready for bed and cluster feeding/comforting Corbin.  6:30-8:00 is his fussiest time. 

Nights vary. A couple of nights we've had 4-5 hour stretches of sleep!!! Most are still at 2-3 hours.

He's having a few more happy awake times each day now!!  Smiles, chuckles and coos are happening!!
Best ever!  

Corbin is a huge fan of our baby bjorn and loves to be carried in it as much as possible.  Actually, he'd prefer to do all of his daily activities on me.  Eating, looking around, tummy time and sleeping. Mama's boy...and I don't mind.  I try to let him as much as possible, because let's be honest, the second child doesn't get as much of this as the first. :(  (He's sleeping on me now, and I'm typing one-handed.)

I love his warm little body.

And let's be honest here...No one has blogged about how HARD the second round is?! I absolutely love this baby and am truly impressed with how Carter is adjusting, but man, the logistics of the day and physically, life is crazy right now!  It takes us 2 hours to get out of the door, with prepping clothes and food the night before.  AND I actually cried last week at a playground when a random lady asked if I needed her to help get Carter down from the jungle gym while Corbin was rooting on my shoulder.  Yes, I hadn't hit that glorious 4 hour stretch of sleep so I was at a sleep deprived low, but still embarrassing.  When she left she made sure to come back and let me know it will get easier.  Hormonal and sleep deprived are not a good combo.  Ha!!

I'm learning so many tricks though!  Every day is getting easier!!  I keep thinking to periods like this with only one, teething, jet-lag, potty training, getting rid of the pacifier, the tiredness passes and all adjusts even better than before.

P.S.  We're heading to Dallas and Houston next month and would love see you! 

3 comments:

  1. If y'all are in Houston Houston I'd LOVE to catch up!!!!!

    And it DOES get easier- until the second one starts to crawl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! My heart goes out to you! And thanks heavens for strangers who are helpful and empathetic and not judgmental (ahem I'm looking at that chick who gave me a look of disdain when GB was screaming her head off at Kroger's). Can't wait to see you all. You are rockin' this out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete