Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CORBIN (Weeks 1-3)

Week 1 Old




2 Weeks Old




3 Weeks Old





Corbin Man, I don't seem to remember this very short newborn phase with your Big Brother.  AND China had some pretty crazy internet laws so I couldn't blog much.  So I don't have much of a memory to compare but this is about you!

You weigh 9.9 lbs!  You've gained 2 lbs in the past 3 weeks!
You are sleeping a ton.
Crying quite a bit.  Poor guy.
Have the LOUDEST toots/poops ever heard from such a tiny bottom.  (Totally embarrassed me in the nursing room at the mall. All the other mamas laughed and commented.  True story.)
With those loud toots come an upset tummy.  Or the other way around. Which makes you cry at night.
You are sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed, snuggled with mommy, which makes it easier to tend to you several times a night.  AND considering you are 3 Weeks Old, I'd have to say, I'm seeing improvements in sleeping.  Or maybe I'm getting used to this??

Your big brother, Carter, is in LOVE with you!  He loves to kiss you and hold you.  However, he does not like it when you cry.  Who does?  It makes him very sad he tells me.  He also tells me that he thinks you are so cute.  AND finally, he tells EVERYONE else, that he has a brother named "Gorman."  He's very proud of you.

I forgot how demanding this time is.  I somehow remember it as just a tiny baby sleeping all the time.  Which is partly true.  BUT know this, we are so beyond excited that you are here!!  We've been waiting for you for a long time.  We are enjoying your sweet new baby smell, tiny, yet changing, features and look forward to learning more about you!

Welcome to our family sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. Just remember, this too shall pass! Infants are TOUGH in my opinion, but of course- they are SO worth it! Don't worry, next time you blink he'll be seven months old! :)

    ReplyDelete