Monday, May 9, 2011

2nd Mother's Day

I had a FABULOUS Mother's Day!
Thank you so much to my sweet boys.

Mother's Day is a lot like "McCoy Surprise Day." It isn't too different from most weekends but the suspense makes it so much fun!! Here is a run down on the fun:

TONS of roses.
12 dozen to be exact!

  • A 2 hour foot massage and pedicure. Pedicures here are amazing. They seriously scrape all of the thick hard skin off of your feet. Not sand it down...scrape it off. I LOVE it. Smooth as a baby's bottom.
  • Out to dinner! We went to Himalaya's a really cool Indian Restaurant! (We are a bit addicted to Indian at the moment.) You know going out, with a 15 month old, is a big deal! C did great, he just loved all of the brightly colored pillows you sit on! Ha ha. We felt really cool eating out, in town!!
I can't believe we are on our 2nd round of Family Holidays all ready. Of course, you know me, it makes me reflect-ful....

As our little man has been extra clingy to me (as he's been for the past week) he wants hugs all of the time. I just feel so spoiled! I couldn't imagine loving him any more with out exploding. Seriously! I'm obsessed with him!

I was brushing my teeth and he asked for a hug. So as I was holding him in front of the mirror, I was looking at this big, long, boy wearing his big, boy clothes who I was holding in my arms and couldn't help to think back to this exact moment:

I love him even more now than I ever would have known back in this picture.
(And I didn't think it was possible back then!)

Then I also thought of this moment:



and how I had really hoped for a girl.

God really knows how to make plans for you, doesn't he!

These little thoughts gave another little boost to my faith in God's plans. He is the best life-planner, that is for sure. I couldn't imagine my life any other way!

Thank you John and Carter for a wonderful Mother's Day!

I feel so blessed every day.

I love you both so much!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day! I was just telling my husband yesterday how I had really hoped for a girl too, but now can't imagine ever feeling that way :) Boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His little naked butt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! Boys are so fun, that is for sure. I'd be happy with all boys!!!

    I love his butt...poor kiddo is cursed with a plumbers crack. HA!

    ReplyDelete