Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Split Pants: It's a China Thing

A little tid-bit that most people don't know about China is that; as a culture, most people here practice infant potty training.

How you might ask?

Outfits like this help out a ton:

First of all, it is as thick as a comforter. "Let no breeze touch the skin of a baby." As foreigners, (I'm talking about YOU too!!!) we all way under-dress our babies here. Does your child run around barefoot? You'd have some people on your case in China!

Back to the outfit and potty training....
Bare buns for all to see. I don't really understand how they keep this area warm? Maybe I will point this out to them next time I'm ridiculed.

However, the bare buns are essential for their style of infant potty training! This way you can go anywhere you please!!! (I DO mean anywhere!!) Just hold their legs up and you are set! The world is your toilet!

A good friend here gave us this outfit as a joke last year. Carter can just now fit into it! It is definitely a keeper to be cherished for years! Ha ha! Every baby in China needs a good pair of split-pants!

Look at Carter helping Dad hang his growth chart!

"Dad, straighten it just like this. Perfect!"

(I'm pretty sure this is the third post about Carter's bottom I've done. I promise I'm normal, his bottom just cracks me up!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. He definitely has a cute little tush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love those split pants! Did you try it at all while you were in china? Or are you just having a giggle? :)

    ReplyDelete