Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Year Old!



It is official....We have a One-Year-Old. A toddler!

I know I've said it a thousand times, but this year has flown by. We've LOVED every bit of it. You know, every single night (still, even after a year) after John and I crawl into bed, the first thing one of us brings up is Carter, whether it is something funny he did, or something new he figured out, or just how cute we think he is! You know that warm, feel good feeling where you just want to go wake them up to give them a smooch? Still have it, EVERY night!

When you date someone a while everyone starts to ask "Will you get married?", "When will you guys get engaged?" Then, "When's the wedding?" After the wedding, "When will you have kids?" After one child, "Are you ready for more?" Ahhhh. People care, but the questions never end! I guess everyone is just excited with you!

Well, more kiddos? Yes. But we are in no hurry. See how fast this year went? I want this stage in our lives to drag out as long as possible. I'm trying to savor every moment! I love it!

Please don't feel like you have to read this next part. It is mostly for his Grandparents who live a world away! But, nothing to hide, so feel free if you choose. :)


Here are some of the One-Year-Facts about Carter:
  1. 8 teeth still
  2. 24.2 lbs (2 weeks ago)
  3. Walking EVERYWHERE. Started on Christmas Eve.
  4. He loves to "surprise" you! Whether he sees you from the opposite side washer door window, or if he is playing in the shower, closing a door and then opening it with an applause, hiding in the tent then popping his face in the mesh window or even just being face to face with him in the crib! He just squeals and giggles! It is addicting to hear!
  5. Loves his new big boy truck, sand and water table, Leap Frog music table (especially the little blue door where I hide snacks for him), balloons, Lucy, Doggie tent.
  6. Still nursing. Yup...this huge kiddo with 8 teeth!
  7. Been on 20 plane rides! Countless train rides. You should see this kids passport!
  8. Silver Status on American Airlines...Platinum by summer.
  9. Scared of his basket ball goal. It is from here and the Shanghai Sharks (our basketball team) on it are drawn with very serious, intimidating, cartoon faces. Our Ayi explained it perfectly, "Carter no like. No smile (about the bball players). Scary." It flashes lights and is very loud. Maybe I can get video of it.
  10. LOVES bath, still!
  11. Understands "Are you hungry?" "Are you ready for nigh night?" "Put your pacifier in your bed." "Turn off the lights." "Shut/Open the door." "Where is Lucy, Daddy, Mommy, your truck, the balloon, the ball, the vacuum?" "Banana, water, Cheerios" "Let's take a bath." More...but that is off the top of my head.
  12. NEW...He is being very verbal about NOT being perfectly content. If he wants something he grunts in a very angry way. If he doesn't want something he grunts in a very angry way. If you give him the wrong thing he grunts in very angry way....you get the point. Large or small, if it's not right he acts very upset. We NEED some words like "Please"!!!!!
  13. Sleeps from 7:30-8:30 or 9:00. Two naps, about 2 hours each.
  14. Gives hugs and kisses
  15. Waves hello, good-bye, Ni Hao, Zia Jian but not always on cue. He also waves for "I'm done nursing". Ha ha.
  16. Poops 1-2 times a day. This was a joke, to see if you have read this far.
  17. Oooo, he is a biter. Yes, he is. And it hurts. We've been working on it and he is much better now. Not out of anger, usually with hugs and kisses a bite is snuck but ouch. Don't stick your finger near his mouth, you might not get it back.
Okay, I love this little man so much! I know there is so much more but I'm stopping myself. I could go on all day!


These pics were from his Birthday Party/Parenthood Survival Party. (It was mostly an adult party!!)

This was his First Birthday Cake! He was so excited about the plate-o-bananas! He didn't even notice the cake :(. Seriously....just ate the bananas and blueberries! Ha ha!

This time last year. :)

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Carter!!! I can't believe it's already been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know pooping goes from every 2 hrs to 2 per day in the first year ;) ha! I love hearing about Carter's milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! Happy Birthday little man! We love you. Oh, and I so read all of the milestones - he only poops 1-2 a day? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! You found the Hidden Poop Comment!!!

    Yes, it is true, the poops become big with food and they do it much less. This is when it actually takes a moment and effort for them to poop. Another moment in your day only a parent can truly find humor in. Ha ha! I would have thought it was absolutely disgusting previously!! But now it involves me snapping a pic and sending it to John. Yes, we are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you posted his poop times :-)

    By the way, don't worry about biting. I was a biter. There are many stories of Emily tormenting me and me just coming after her with my teeth, even in my high chair. There's actually still a scar from where I bit her as a kid - she was babysitting me and at bedtime refused to either read me another story or get out of my bed! He'll grow out of it. I did. :-)

    ReplyDelete