Sunday, December 5, 2010

We interrupt this program....

..to tell you that Carter took his first steps! John and I were so pumped!!!

Here is how this magic moment happened:

Carter and I were playing with tupperware, on the floor of the kitchen, while sharing apple slices. John was pouring himself another cup of coffee. "Hey John, can you pass me the peanut butter?" I asked. Mmmmm....pb and apple slices straight from the jar. Carter peered up with a curious look in his eye as he watched me scoop and eat. I probably made it more enticing with with a yummy sound effect, who knows! BUT Carter watched and wanted. He reached, and reached. Then stood and reached. Then stepped and stepped and so on! WHAT! For peanut butter!?

John and I couldn't believe it. So we kept this game going over and over again by passing the jar back and forth. Since Carter hasn't had peanut butter (it is one of those BIG allergy foods) we pretended like Cheerios were in the jar. When he made it across the kitchen we pretended to reach in and grab Cheerios for his reward. Poor buddy...he loved those Cheerios from the jar.

Any who, he did it a few more random times this weekend! We will see how this progresses! So exciting!

Another first: Not nearly as exciting but it was cute (and I got pictures) was that he had his first pasta dinner!





He loved it! Can't you tell!

3 comments: