Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mr. Shanghai Skycraper Window Washer

This morning as I was in my PJ's (looking so wonderful) and checking emails, Lucy became very upset about something in our window. When I went to see what all of the commotion was about, I noticed there were four ropes hanging from somewhere above and dangling all the way down to the ground.

If that wasn't scary enough for a dog to comprehend........

A bucket and a shoe (not in picture) descended from above.
I tried to calm her down with a treat. However, when I returned to the living room.......


this is what I saw (we live on the 45th floor)!!! This man is sitting on a tiny piece of wood hanging from a rope cleaning the 7th tallest building in Shanghai! Not sure if this would pass on Health and Safety standards in the US.

While neither I nor Lucy were expecting to see man staring at us from the other side of our window early in the morning...I'm sure this man also had a rude awakening when he hit our window. Not only is he hanging on for dear life but he had a barking dog and pregnant lady in her PJ's taking pictures of him...what a way to start your day.


So here's to you Mr. Shanghai Skyscraper Window Washer! Without you, our windows would never be clean!

1 comment: