Friday, November 20, 2009

Juno

This week, while shopping at the international grocery store, I was approached by the High School PTSA President (of the international school I work at.) We had never met before. I was actually pretty flattered at "Hello." We then made small talk about having Thanksgiving in China then continued with our shopping.

As I was checking out, she approached me again.

"I had to tell you...I was so relieved when I found out that you were a teacher. The first time I saw you I thought you were in high school. I had to ask my daughter if there was a new girl in school that was pregnant!"

Funny? Yes.

Humiliating? Yes.

Needless to say, while I was working this week I felt like her:


I also found myself trying to hide my belly with my jacket and purse because I could feel the "Eagle Eye" on me as I walked past the Parent Volunteers who politely/awkwardly stopped their conversations said "Hello" and "Are you finding everything okay?"

I think I need to wear a school badge or official name tag....maybe glasses on a chain worn around my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment