Tuesday, August 28, 2012

John "Corbin" McCoy

John Corbin McCoy

arrived on August 13th

at 1:16 pm.

Weighing 7 lbs and 8 ounces.

We are beyond thrilled to have him here with us!



Life is a bit crazy at the moment.  I'm still trying to figure this all out.  Certain things for both children seem to be happening at the same time...sleeping, eating and pooping.  And those three things also happen when Carter needs his bath and bedtime routine.  Hmm...I'm sure it will all work itself out.  Right?

Looking back to his arrival, I have to say it was very different than the last time.  We had an "old fashioned" delivery.  No C-Section this time around!  1 Hour of pushing and out came this sweet baby boy.

Everyone seems to be curious if you accepted drugs or not.  Here was my thought process during labor:

  Light contractions:  "I didn't need drugs with Carter...until the emergency C-Section came into play.  I can do this."

Heavy Contractions:  "D***, I remember how horrible it was with Carter for 13 hours.  I'm not doing that this time.  I've got a toddler at home and I've been up the entire night.  I know what the next 3 months are going to bring starting in just FOUR more hours.  NURSE, I WOULD LIKE THE EPIDURAL!!"

Great choice.  Because just as my thoughts reminded me, your new job starts IMMEDIATELY!

More pictures coming soon!  

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about it!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Our cups runneth over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and John. I didn't realize Corbin was his middle name. I might be a little partial to calling kids by middle names, but I love it! I also love how you conserved your energy with the epidural. Completely rational decision. [Thinking to self: I have a toddler.] Congrats on your VBAC and sweet, sweet baby Corbin.

    ReplyDelete