Monday, May 7, 2012

Sports Illustrated: Summer Edition

No hot ladies in bikinis here!

...

Let me start by saying this:  Carter is obsessed with sports.

This isn't anything new.  But it still shocks me daily.

It baffles me, I guess because I don't mind sports, but I'm not one of those people who knows all the rules, positions, proper equipment name etc.

He wants to know ALL of that.  The more detail you tell him the better.  If you don't know it, you better "google it" because he will hound you until he knows what it, or who it is.

While we were enjoying the sun in Texas, Carter was exposed to a lot of golf.

There are golf clubs all over my parents house and a gigantic bag of golf balls on the floor of the pantry.  He must have taken out 5 new ones a day.  I'm sure they are still finding them in their home.

Also, the Masters was on.  And he watched it...with enthusiasm and anticipation?!? It was strange.
Carter likes Tiger Woods and Bubba Watson.

So Papa played golf with him.

Notice, collar shirt, khaki shorts, hat.  
He notices and requires.  I'm not kidding.


Working hard.

Pretty sure he's saying "NO Caga!"

...

Then back in Calgary:

The weather is still cold off and on so we are still on hockey.

He spotted a Goalie Helmet and had to try it on.
He's a big goalie fan right now.  He knows their mission and often jumps into position while playing street hockey in the alley with the 4 and 5 year old neighbors.  Obsessed.  
He says "No no puck in goal!!!" and "Block puck."

Playing in the aisle of Canadian Tire.

He really wanted this helmet.

His favorite hockey player, Jerome Iginla, is not a goalie though.

...

Swim Lessons!

A summer must, right?

He's loving them.  They said their mission for the start is to get them comfortable in the water.  I don't think we have a problem with that.  I wish he'd be a little less comfortable.  He honestly doesn't have a doubt in his mind that he can swim.  He can't.  This scares me.  You've got to be ready at all times!  He jumps in with all his might, right down to the bottom and comes up smiling saying "Ni" (more).  

His interest in swimming peaked when we explained that swimming is a sport.  And that people race against each other.  We showed him a YouTube clip of Michael Phelps and he liked it.  So strange!!! 

Dressed and ready to go.

Sea Turtle is his "team" name!

It is a blast!!  I look forward to it just as much as he does!

Of course, the daily hockey game...even on the way out the door to swimming.

...

Finally,  

This guy is famous in our house:



We have no clue who he is.

We call him "Go Flames Go Guy" but I'm sure he has an other name.
And we have to sing this song to Carter before bed.  Another requirement.

These little one's have a mind of their own!
I love it!  2 Years Old is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. How stinkin cute! What a great personality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute!

    Cason and Carter have the same view of swimming... and freaks me out too!

    ReplyDelete