Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Potty Training!

I couldn't let that last post stay on top too long.  Honestly, our lives are much too happy and filled with blessings to be sad or to let anxiety take over.

Let's talk about Potty Training!
Here is a little photo list of our journey over the past 2 months or so.


Here we are in the early stages.  He had been asking to go potty before bath for about a week at this point.
And this was the first daytime potty!
(I know.  I look hot.)

Christmas came and went.

Next, he had bee potting at least once a day.
And a few times in public places.

Sooo, without much research (totally not like me) I purchased the ebook:
It was simple and not thorough like all the other parenting books I like to read.
But the method was simple, recommended by a trusted friend and he'd beed doing it for weeks.  So, what did we have to lose?

I began prepping him.
"Look Carter we only have a few diapers left.  When they are all gone we get to wear UNDERWEAR!!"
We bought lots and he picked them all out.

So the time came....

This was choice #1.
A single yellow car.

He'd been talking about his Soccer Underwear for days, so this major decision really stunned us all.

Hey ladies!!!


He's so little!!!  Ha ha.

And this is what potty training looks like:

Playing with no pants.

Notice new underwear.  We went through TONS during the first couple days.

Stickers galore.

Sticker Chart!
Yay you put your tee tee in the potty! Sticker.
Yay your underwear is still dry!  Sticker.

Seriously, the chart was more for me.  Because it got pretty discouraging a times being cooped up inside for 3 days.

We got a bit delirious at times.



This was the 5 millionth time he had to go tee tee before jammies.
This little shenanigan has stopped.  Thank goodness.


Thanks for being so patient mom!
(I like to tell myself that with this picture.)
Notice our nest in there.  It's sick, really, to think of the amount of time spent in that little space.  Daily.

Overall, I'd have to say he's doing great!!

Here is a little Pro and Con break down for you:  (some overlap onto both)

PRO
  1. By the second night, he got it!  Since then he's been telling us when he has to go.
  2. We no longer have to buy diapers.
  3. About every other day there is a bed time accident.  (Just tee tee).  But we're super fast at changing his sheets and cleaning him up now.  He now goes back to sleep quickly.
  4. Only 2 public accidents.  Both to blame on me...not getting him to the restroom fast enough.  Tee tee, not so tragic.  Poo Poo, tragic.
  5. It's something that has to be done at some point.   Done.


CONS
  1. About every other day there is a bed time accident.  (Just tee tee).  But we're super fast at changing his sheets and cleaning him up now.  He now goes back to sleep quickly.
  2. 2 public accidents.  Both to blame on me...not getting him to the restroom fast enough.  Tee tee, not so tragic.  Poo Poo, tragic.
  3. Instead of diapers you carry about 1-2 complete new outfits.
  4. You run your washer much more.
  5. You need to know where a restroom is at all times.
  6. Some restrooms are sick...what do you do?  Still have to use them.
Like any new major milestone, it changes your days completely at first.  Then you adjust and figure it out agin.  I miss the ease and convenience of diapers but he is so proud of himself and is doing a fabulous job!  I couldn't have had it any easier as his Mommy.  

Thanks bud for going easy on me!

Love you little guy!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!! Go Carter! Congrats!! Gives me hope for when GB gets there . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Carter!! Such a big boy. Will people think I'm weird, if I pin this for future reference?!

    ReplyDelete