Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Potty Training (Continued)

After thinking about my post yesterday I realized I must have been on a Mommy High...which is better than a Mommy Low.  But I seemed to have forgotten some other "fun" details.  Let me clarify a little bit:


#1. 
PREVIOUS POST:
About every other day there is a bed time accident.  (Just tee tee).  But we're super fast at changing his sheets and cleaning him up now.  He now goes back to sleep quickly.


TRUTH EXPLAINED:
-I consider an accident when he is sleeping so deeply that he is unaware to wake up and yell at us in his sleep.  He'll just happen to wake up around 8:30am or when his nap is complete and discover he has indeed tee teed in his underwear.  Something that is just an all around accident and no true way of preventing it other than just good old fashioned practice.


-Other FUN bed time experiences that coincide with Potty Training:
Hearing your child winding down for 15 min on the monitor followed up by a "Mommy Potty, Mommy (grunt grunt=poo poo), Ahhhh!!!, NO, no!!"  When you arrive your child is standing in their bed pooping or has pooped in their underwear.  This happens also about every other day!  Yay!!! (I forgot to mention that one!)


I consider that poor communication on either of our parts.  Maybe I didn't run quick enough.  Or I was hoping to God he did really say he has to go Poop.  OR he let me know a bit too late.  But I guess I don't really call it an accident...just bad form.


#2.
PREVIOUS POST:
Only 2 public accidents.  Both to blame on me...not getting him to the restroom fast enough.  Tee tee, not so tragic.  Poo Poo, tragic.


TRUTH EXPLAINED:
You truly are on constant Mission: Keep Underwear Dry.  We do no just go about our day away from known potties for long amounts of time.  Every outing is executed with a potty plan.  Like:
1. We MUST get him to potty before we go.
2. We MUST find potty the moment we arrive.  And offer it.
3. Depending on what comes next, offer potty again before we travel to next stop.
4. And of course, go ever.single.time he asks.  


Just like you used to live by Mission: Nurse Every 3 Hours or Mission: Awake Time is Only 2 Hours or Mission:  Have Child in Bed by Second Yawn...Do you accept your new mission?  (You don't get a choice on this one, your instincts just agree with it.)


#3.
You will also get to experience other fun Mommy Moments like:

  • Explaining, Demonstrating and Saying  "Ding Dong down!  Ding Dong down!" several times a day to your son.
  • Saying  "I'll sing with you while you poo poo."  Followed up by various tunes...in a public restroom.
  • Scrubbing a public toilet with soap, water and paper towels because you are about to have to do the unthinkable (see next bullet)
  • Take your child's pooped in underwear, submerge your hands in the toilet and soak off all of the poop.  Because you have to bag it up and put it in your purse. (I was tempted to throw it away but this was at my work out place and everyone would know it was us.)
     My personal favorite!!!
  • Teaching your son to crouch down in a 3-point-stance, called Football Stance in our home, after every poop.  Because you have to clean him up.  (This was John's idea.)  It truly is a little miracle.  Because Carter allows us to clean him with no trouble.  He even yells out "Football Stance" when he's all done!  He seems to think it's just a normal step in going potty.
Okay, did I write enough for today!  Whew!  Sorry to blab your eyes off!


12 comments:

  1. Oh man... looks like there's all kinds of fun things in our future! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes! Ha ha! Things I never imagined. Ha ha. I have two brothers so I thought I was well trained in all things sick, disgusting, bathroom and boy related. But some days I'm still surprised! Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. What wealth of potty info. LOVE IT! We'll be doing "football stance" at our house too when the time rolls around. I just hope he doesn't get football confused with futbol and start kicking like a maniac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I may have scared a few people now. I just keep telling my self "Were much closer than where we started." Everything I read says it's the potty-sleep training that takes the longest.

      And oh my gosh! I'm surprised no kicking poop has happened over here yet. Luckily he is pretty disgusted by it. Ha ha!!!

      Delete
  3. Um the whole football stance thing just made me LOL at work. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a sight to see...but works like a charm!

      Delete
  4. Love love love the football stance idea! Hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process of "wiping" never went through my mind...until your stuck in the middle of it. Actually, lots of potty training moments seemed to have happened that way.

      Get off the computer by the way!! ;) HAVE THAT BABY!!

      Delete
  5. if you were still in china, you wouldn't have to worry about finding the nearest toilet.... you'd be standing on it already! ;-)

    love the "footbal stance"! will for sure use that one with jack. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness Angie! If we were still in China, I'd let the kid go #1 or #2 where ever he wanted! AND there's no way I would have washed his poopy underwear in a public toilet there! Ha ha!!!

      Delete
  6. Ok, LMAO right now!!! Just read this to my office, and we're all dying laughing (laughing with you btw). Man, oh man, can't wait to teach the ol' "Football Stance."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you guys are laughing. Honestly, lots of these moments make me laugh too. It may have been the training Brandon and Scott put me through with deadly farts in both smell and flame (literally).

      Which means after Phillip and John, you too should be a bit prepared for some Fun potty times in your future. :)

      Delete