Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer in China and random thoughts.

Ugh....Summer in China is hot and gross.

I was pregnant my first summer here and it ruined it for me. They don't use air-conditioning like we Texans do, as in EVERYWHERE. So grocery stores, shopping malls, restaurants, etc. are hot, stuffy and the worst part, smelly.

I only have 9 more days. I can do it. I can do it.

Honestly, I got sick (publicly) quite a few times because of certain smells and temperatures mixed. It wasn't pleasant. I don't know how local mamas do it.

The end.

(I am not pregnant.)

This does bring me to something I have wanted to write about for memories' sake:

Pregnant Ladies in China

I can spot one from a mile away. Even if she is 5 weeks along. Here's how:

  • No make up
  • Tennis shoes
  • Hair in pony tail
  • Glasses
  • Apron-type shirt
  • Waddle (Yes, even at 5 weeks. Requirement.)
  • Miserable look on face.
  • If anyone glances their way, they automatically begin to rub their back.

These are standard and I'm serious.

Imagine the looks from concerned strangers when I was jogging on the treadmill at 9 month along.

Final comment, on my due date, John and I went to Hooters. Someone said if we ate spicy foods this would help move things along. So I requested wings!! Well, a waitress there was concerned because I was wearing nail polish, make up and she thought I dyed my hair. Horrible mother.

Who knew!!??

The world is an interesting place, that is for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow.. you are definitely in a different world over there! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've added yours to my list. Carter is too cute!

    ReplyDelete