Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dropped and China Photo Shoot

First of all, thank you ladies so much for the amazing advice!!! I don't know why I make these things so scary in my head? It was a wonderful day with out the anticipation of struggling for an afternoon nap that he is no longer tired for.

I was going to wait until after our trip next week, but then thought if I waited that would be about 4 weeks total of crazy days for him. I also thought, "he's dropped it, what am I waiting for?"

It was a fabulous day!!! We actually got to do lots of fun things without the stress of running back home for a nap. Ahhh. Freedom, I've missed you. I felt like an old piece of me was back! The "busy bee" part.

He only slept 1.5 hours and we went to bed at 6:30 (an hour earlier). I hope the nap grows so he can stay up and play with Daddy more!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

.......................

By the way, I posted back in December about getting some professional pictures taken here. Well, the photo shoot was ridiculously silly, as they gave him silly outfits, crazy props and tacky backgrounds, so I haven't been in the biggest hurry to pick them up. Horrible, I know.

Well, we had time yesterday!!! Here is what came in the package:

The big one is a piece of wood to hang on your wall.
A board book. Carter is LOVING it.
A crystal-like key chain.
The best pictures taken....to enjoy in tiny form.

I love my crystal key chain.
We have no keys! Ha ha.

A few highlights from the book.

There is my son, with a pipe. My stomach turned when they gave that to him.
Yes, it's a toy, but still.
(he is crawling on the book in this picture...sorry for his arm shadow)

Side note: Two random men have tried to give him a pack of cigarettes to play with while in line at the grocery store. I am very persistent with my "Bu Hao!" (Not okay!)

They insist that they do not mind if my little baby plays with their new, unopened pack of cigarettes.

My head says this: "I don't care that you don't mind...I DO mind. Do not get one inch closer to my little baby with those things!!!"

The security guard came over both times and told them to back off.

Love the English words on this page.
"Thank you very much Carter, but you can just call me mom!"
Oh, and that is their outfit. At least I was persistent on him NOT wearing a military uniform.

Aside from the random package of photo goods, there were some really cute pictures in the book. I just wish I could print them out in normal size for picture frames! Ahh...memories!

Like everything in China, trial and error. We'll have to do it again!

P.S. Now I'm all worked up again thinking about those men and their cigarettes! Breathe, breathe Sarah.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Too funny...but, I would love to find a place here that would make a custom board book!! Connor loves to look at books about himself and we have a Snapfish one that is all taped back together because the pages fell apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! Those are hilarious... You'll be so glad you have them one of these days, and they'll always be good for a laugh when you're thinking back on your time in China! Carter is looking super cute as usual, despite all of the craziness!! :) I'm sure you're a proud baby mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, seriously, these pics are totally hilarious. I think we'll have to get some shots of GB with cheezy props (minus the pipe). :) Too cute! I agree - you'll be so glad you have these! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are sweet!

    Jenni- This is Carter's new favorite book! We have another from www.blurb.com that he loves too. It's so sweet. He always wants me to sing when we look at them?! I don't understand but it's really cute. (The only thing I can think of is that slideshow I made for his first year?! Pictures + music?? Who knows.)

    Allison- Thanks! Hilarious is a term we use often while living here. I just wish I had documented more from the start. I guess I didn't have this "forced" computer time/nap time pre-baby. Ahh, memories lost forever. :( PS- Sooooo happy for you!! XO

    Lauren- AKA: The Scott's: You should! The sunglasses are pretty funny! They also threw a rubber chicken, 4ft. tall plastic bottle, and a bassinet full of red roses onto the set...if you need some ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete