Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Delivery (14 Months)

I've always wanted to find a baby on my doorstep!! I'm sick, I know.


We have many imported items delivered to us from Shanghai weekly. This what we got this week! Ha ha!

Today Carter is 14 Months Old!

There are so many things to list these days I'm just going to have to do some or we (I) could be here a while:

-Climbing stairs like a big person but holding onto the wall for support. NOT crawling, which he can, but prefers this way. This makes Mommy scared so I follow him up for back up.

He does this every chance he can and always uses his right leg...so bye bye right leg roll. :( So sad. He's working his quads.

-Loves to eat. Especially mangos, bananas, apples, yogurt, french toast, pancakes, oatmeal, couscous, cheese, peanut butter, green beans, Cheerios, oranges, kiwi, dragon fruit, eggs....meat, not so much though, he's getting better.

-Moves, CONSTANTLY! He cracks me up. Always running.

-Communicates. He has certain grunts and body language that is very specific that anyone would understand him. Ex: Grunt and put a book into your hand. Run over to you, winey face and point at what ever he wants or isn't working, etc.

-I think he is saying "hi." It is the same sound with a wave, every time. More like "Eye??" (Anyone else notice girls at this age seem to be more advanced in language? While the boys are at Large Motor?)

-LOVES to be outside! Every awake-time we have to go out for "recess." If we can't, he bangs on the back door, comes to me with arms up, then grunts/winey face and points/grabs for the door handle. I pretend like he wants hugs from me...really he uses me to get up and closer to the door handle. I don't care, I love it. (John and I fight over who gets these moments, they are the best.)

-Man, he is busy these days. From the second I he is out of his crib, his feet hit the floor and he is off for something specific.

-This kid loves his naps and bedtime. All you have to do is ask him "Are you ready for nigh-night?" and show him his blanket. I kid you not...if you aren't there to catch him in your arms, he will fall to the ground. He ALWAYS melts into his blanket. It's the best. (We fight over this time too.)

-Loves bath time! This is all John time. Funny how even at a young age they are different for different parents. John has him leaning back to wash the soap out (he is much more gentle than I am...I always just poured on his head) but Carter falls back into his arm. So sweet. I hear them having fun in there!!

Of course, I'm going to say the usual: Time has flown and this is my favorite age!!! But it is true!!

I've noticed that God prepares you for the next step in parenthood at each step you are in. There are always little changes and adaptations that get you ready for the following stage. Whether it is having a mobile child, less adult-only home, eating solids, dropping naps, talking etc. When the new thing happens, you are so ready and excited for it! But if you think about it too far ahead, it seems daunting. God is good that way! He knows how to prepare you.


4 comments:

  1. Ahh...so fun. He seriously reminds me so much of Connor. I know we've said this before, but they'd be buds! Two things...one, has he tried Hummus? Connor LOVES it! If you can get chick peas, I can send you an easy recipe! Second, I love how you take advantage of him trying to get out the door. Connor no longer says "Up?" when he wants me to pick him up...he has figured out I react better to "Hugs?" Smart kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!!!! He's so big! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like so much fun! I loved that age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Richele and Lauren!

    Jenni, yes, Connor and Carter would be great friends!! We have not tried Hummus but Carter does like chick peas! I would LOVE a recipe!!! Please!! Oh, and Connor is very clever asking for "hugs!" How can you resist??? :)

    ReplyDelete