Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big Boy

Big Boy (said in the voice from the cell phone commercial). This is what we call Carter.

He is officially 12 weeks old.



This was Carter at 1 Week Old.



12 Weeks Old is not the same as 3 Months Old. We have 5 more days until that. I'm a bit in denial...this whole growing up thing makes me sad.

He grows and changes every day. Sometimes it is subtle and I don't realize it until I look back through pictures. But some changes are drastic and seem to happen over night.

I love life. And I love savoring each moment and stage along my life. I try to find joy in the little things and appreciation in moments that won't last forever. Well, raising and loving a baby is so fulfilling but I find it almost impossible to stretch each little moment.

I love smooching his super soft skin.
I love his sweet smell of milk and baby powder.
I love the adorable sounds he makes
and knowing the difference between excited, silly, content, tired and hungry tummy.
I love his little crooked toe.
I love his fuzzy hair and bald patches.
I love the red "stork bite" on the back of his head
and how it gets redder when he is upset.
I love how determined he is to sit up and crawl.
I love his chubby legs and how they are getting chubbier.

As Carter grows up these little things will go away and be replace by new lovable features and characteristics. But right now, this is how I'm savoring these moments...and I LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! Peyton had that outfit too...he outgrew it in about 5 minutes. Watching your child grow up is bittersweet, isn't it? Looking at your photos of Carter makes me miss Peyton at that age....

    ReplyDelete