Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lucy, We're Home!

We are officially in Shanghai, China!




And here begins our newest adventure!

Lucy and I met up with John just under a week ago and were so excited to see him waiting for us at the airport. He has been here for about a month...just enough time to work out some of the kinks* that go along with moving to a whole new country, once again.

Our newest home is in the Shimao Riviera Compound. While a compound may not sound too inviting, it basically means western community. To me it feels like I'm on a cruise ship or a resort in the middle of a city. There are seven high-rise buildings surrounded by pools, parks, gardens, and two club houses...and that is what makes up our "compound."

Here is Photo Tour 1 of new home.



Welcome home! 45E. That's right, 45th floor. We are pretty high up there.

This picture was taken in our foyer. Behind me is the front door shown in the first picture above. To my left is the semi-private elevator, which drops us off right here inside the foyer of our apartment. To my right is another table and mirror much like the one above. (Confusing, I know)

Okay, now I'm in the house. See the door to the foyer/elevator at the left? You can choose to go to the left toward the closet or to the right. On this tour we are going to the left.


Dining room which opens to living room too.

Here is the living room! Love the floral couches? So do we. ;) Honestly though, awesome view of the river and all of Shanghai. Pretty nice tv too.

Master bedroom from living room entrance.

And another angle...with the Luce-inator creeping into the picture!

Master bathroom...complete with bidet and tv. I wish the water was clean here and that we could just use the bidet as Lucy's water bowl! How easy would that be? Am I sick? No? Maybe?


And the opposite view from me standing in the tub!

Photo Tour 2 will come later when I have the patience to upload them onto here. It will feature the kitchen, guest rooms, other bathrooms and scary maid's quarter.


*kinks include: finding a place to live, negotiating club house membership, finding places to eat, figuring out how to get around when everything is in a different language with different characters, deciding how to plug-in our electronics with plugs from the US, Norway and China....and most of all kinks include finding a hair dryer and hair straightener with ceramic plates. Way to go Johnny!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so glad you found us! I can't wait to follow your adventure in China! (c: By the way, I am only in North Carolina, and some of the restaurants you mentioned eating at home made my mouth water because I miss them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have this blog. I'll be checking on you guys often! Glad you are getting settled and so excited you got to take Lucy with you... though I haven't figured out how to break it to Admiral that one of his girlfriends has left the country! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO happy you updated it!!! Glad Lucy made it into the pictures too! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete