Monday, July 23, 2012

2-a-Days

I can't believe we are here...

2 injections a day!

These injections are a bit different than the once-a-day, in that they are old-school syringes with a longer needle and the meds come in a vial of 10 doses.  Our previous meds were pre-filled syringes and the needle was much smaller.  So, while the medication isn't easier, its purpose is to be out of my system quicker, if I actually happen to go into labor on my own!

They are still injected into my stomach, it's getting much harder to find a non-bruised area because of doing this twice as much.  Also, it's fat-soluable and my tummy has never been lacking in that area, but it's getting much harder to pinch it, because my skin is so tight.  Needless, to say, these kind of sting.  I was becoming such a pro at the old ones!

Luckily, after Corbin is here, I get to switch back to the once-a-day ones to complete the full year of injections.

While this may seem like a strange or sick post...I'm typing this happily, over-joyed and feeling bittersweet about all of this.  I can't believe this!!  Woo Hoo!!

Corbin is full-term and now, we just play the waiting game!!


3 comments:

  1. You are a trooper! Congrats on a full-term Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! I don't think I saw his name before...I LOVE it!!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your newest bundle of joy when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, been thinking of you guys! So close, hang in there. It will all be worth it when you see that little baby sleeping smile!!

    ReplyDelete