Thursday, August 4, 2011

We Love this Place

I have to say...we are loving it here in Canada!!

This place is awesome!!!

The city is pretty small for US standards and way tiny compared to China cities!! But we are living in an awesome neighborhood right outside of downtown. Most will say we live in downtown but this is not city life, like we are used to. Ha ha. A house, yard, parks etc...not so much like the sky rises we've been in for the past few years.

This is a very outdoorsy place. Everyone is out riding bikes, jogging and carrying yoga mats at all times. Hence the reason we had to buy a chariot to attach to our bikes. Peer pressure. And they have an amazing trail system that goes all over the city.

Also, Calgary is full of green and blue! I feel like the cities I'm used to are covered in concrete and billboards. Not so much here. It is pretty hilly and as you drive up and down all you see is green grass, the river through the city and blue skies! It is beautiful.

Off in the distance you can see the mountains that are covered in snow!

This weekend, while on a long bike ride along the river, we watched as TONS of people floated along! (Like Texas, right!)

Finally, there is so much to do here! Maybe it is the freedom of getting to drive myself again or being able to read every sign, map and google search I can. But even though my list of friends is slim to none so far, Carter and I are keeping busy. And for me that is sanity.

Today I went to a Stroller Strength class! Loved it!! And even met a girl who went to A&M, and graduated the same year as I did! Small world!!

Any way, if anyone has ever wanted to visit, come on!! We'd love to have you!!


3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your new home in Calgary...and I'm also super jealous. To be around snow covered mountains, greenery, and all the outdoorsy people is just my thing!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing how happy you are! I hope we do get to come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Both of you girls should come visit!! It really is a cool part of North America! A great "cool" getaway from the Texas heat!!

    ReplyDelete