Monday, October 11, 2010

{Must Do!} Bumpkin or Crack-o-lantern?

Last year a sorority sister of mine, Courtney Devine (as she is formerly known), blogged about a piece of art she received from a secret gift exchange at her church. The second I saw it I knew I would be doing the same thing with every one of my children!

This year, I had my chance!!! Here it is....

Yes, this is Carter's "Bum"! Check out that crack!

We joke that he can always fall back on plumbing with a crack like that! (It is very high.)

I'm not completely sure that I am done with it yet. I do have to touch up a black smudge I made with my hand. And I originally thought it would be more cutesy-woo but it kind of turned out more Charlie Brown-esk.

If I lived in the US I would have most likely done this on canvas. However, finding art supplies here was chore enough. So I settled with a thin canvas and had a frame made to fit. (Only because that is how you buy frames here and it just costs $3.50).

I purchased several thin canvases of the same size. I plan to do a print for every holiday of the season this year! So this frame will be filled with "Carter Art" for a while!

November: Hand Turkey
December: Foot & Hand Angel
January: Snowman
February: Hand Heart
March: ?? Is this where it ends? Ideas?

For another ADORABLE example, check out my sweet nephews' Bumpkins!

If you do it...let me know! I want to see!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Christina!!! We could do a few handprints with the finger tips together!! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your cooperation. Right on target I appreciate your help.Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with the how-to's!!!! It is so appreciated!!! You always have good humor in your posts/blogs. So much fun and easy to read!
    Crack Download
    TweakBit Driver Updater Crack
    NewBlueFX Titler Pro Crack
    Cinch Audio Recorder Crack
    Avira Phantom VPN Pro Crack
    Lantern Crack
    Bulk Image Downloader Crack
    Filmora pro Crack

    ReplyDelete